Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It Was My Aunt's Fault!


You think I'm trying to shift the blame? Ah-ah.

It really was my aunt Hinekiri's fault. She decided to head off into outer space - some small outpost on the planet Earth. I tried to tell her. I said, "Hinekiri, you have mercenaries after you. It's not safe. Stay here on Dalcon."

But no - she HAD to fly to Earth because she wanted to see the migration of the wildebeest
. What was I meant to do? Let her fly off to her death? I ended up sneaking aboard her ship and not showing my face until it was too late for her to turn back. I figured it wouldn't take me long to talk some good sense into her.

Grrrr
! I underestimated her determination. And if things couldn't get worse...we crash landed in a small town called Sloan. New Zealand, so they tell me. Heck, I'd never been so scared in all my life. Not a good look for an Imperial bodyguard, I can tell you.

So far the natives seem okay. We've met a small spotted creature that talks too much and keeps wanting food. Oh, and a policeman. We met one of those. He's very nice to look at. In fact I don't know why, but I'm having trouble because I keep wanting to touch him. Intimately. And Hinekiri - well, she has this toothy smirk that I don't trust. Something is going on here. I'm not quite sure what it is...

Read
about Janaya's adventures on Earth in Talking Dogs, Aliens and Purple People Eaters. Available now in ebook or in the print anthology Romancing the Alien. Preorder at Amazon now!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to have to get this print anthology :-)

12:21 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Thanks, Ali. I'm sure you'll enjoy Killer's antics - my favorite character ;-)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

I love your humor. Reading your books is always a treat.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get this in print. I wish you were coming to RT so I could get you to sign it!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Aw, thanks, Cathy!

Lauren, I'm hoping to get over for the 2008 RWA conference in San Francisco. Fingers crossed! I'll sign it for you then LOL

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home