Monday, November 27, 2006

Color My World

I love color. There's nothing better than walking outside and seeing the explosions of color available from Mother Nature. Today is a great case in point. It's a fine sunny day here in New Zealand with a brilliant blue sky - you know the clear bright blue I mean? A few fluffy clouds dot the horizon. The grass is a bright green since we've had lots of rain lately. The trees on the reserve where the dog and I walked this morning are various shades of green, ranging from light to dark almost black/green. The flax is flowering at the moment. There are a couple of varieties and some of the flower spikes are a brilliant red while others are a dull yellow. The glint of the sun on the pond and estuary changes the color of the water from gray to silver in places. and finally, the pohutukawa trees are coming into flower - the bright scarlet flowers popping out with more and more appearing each day. Soon the ground around the trees will be red with the fallen filaments from the flowers.

I tend to choose color for my clothes and you'll seldom see me wearing black or white. In fact walking down Queen Street in Auckland during the lunch hour or in London's busy commericial center is boring and depressing - all those black suits! Ugh!! During the lunch times when we worked in the pub all you could see was a sea of black.

One of my favorite ads on television is the M & M ad where they have the changing colors of the M & Ms appearing in waves. The singer on the ad sings about color my world. I always stop to watch this ad because the colors fascinate me and I quite like M & Ms, too!

My favorite color is blue but I love purple, pink, green and red. Oh, and the photo above - that's a shot of me in a wild flower meadow at Crater Lake National Park in Oregon.

In fact color is a scientific business these days and is used to determine personality. Check out this site for details. And finally, because I couldn't resist here's an article where you can learn about your sex color personality.

What's your favorite color?

2 Comments:

Blogger Estella said...

My favorite color is purple. I live in Oregon and in my part of the state it is white outside---it's snowing.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

I like purple. It's such a regal color. Oregon is beautiful. Crater Lake was stunning. We only visited Crater National Park, so we didn't see much of the state. Most of our visit was in Nevada and California. Maybe next visit! Snow, huh? I think I'll stick with my nice day. I don't think cycling would be much fun in the snow!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home