Friday, December 01, 2006

The First Christmas Party

I'm off to the last meeting of the year for my chapter of Romance Writers of New Zealand today, and tomorrow we have a Christmas party/lunch up at one of the hotels in Auckland. It's my first Christmas party of the season, and I'm quite looking forward to it. The Christmas party is being held at our new Central Auckland conference venue (next year's conference) so it should be interesting. I'm going to check out all the good seats at the bar and the menu - that sort of thing!

Meanwhile I have 46 pages left to read on the galley for Snap. (Triskelion) Hopefully I'll manage to do that this morning before I head off for the meeting. I woke up really early with the fax squawking loudly. My husband is oncall and he'd already left for work but another job arrived for him so I had to leave my cozy bed and deal with the fax. The only one who was happy was the dog since she could come inside and hound me for her dinner. At the moment she's doing a good job of making me feel guilty - she wants to go for a walk and she's letting me know in no uncertain terms.

No biking for me today since my bike has gone in for a service. The seat keeps going down, making it too low. An uncharitable person would probably point out that I'm no lightweight and that I've crushed the seat into submission. In my own defence I'd like to say I'm sure there are lots of people heavier than me who ride bikes. And there's no shame in having a healthy appetite! Let's hope the bike people can fix the problem so I can bike with my head held high instead of hunched over like that humpback guy from Notre Dame.

Have you been to your first Christmas party yet? Are you looking forward to it or is it one of the duty ones where you have to go for appearances?

3 Comments:

Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Have fun! This will be a quiet Xmas this year, most of my siblings are going to the "other side of the family - in-laws" this year.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

No parties in my future, which is actually good news. My idea of celebrating is some quiet family time, maybe rent some movies, and have popcorn.

11:03 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

No parties in my future either. Hey, maybe Cathy and I can hang out together! Then again, the idea of peace and quiet with my kids sounds REALLY nice.

TJ

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home