Friday, November 03, 2006

Summer Holiday!

Tomorrow I'm heading off for a weeks holiday. The man and I are flying down to the South Island of New Zealand and exploring Canterbury. Christchurch is the main city, and it's the most "English" of areas in New Zealand. There's the river Avon, where you can go punting, a huge cathedral and square, and lots of the place names are English, named after the original towns, streets and rivers in Britain.

We're also intending to explore Hamner Springs, an area with thermal hot pools and Akaroa, which was a French colony. The part I'm looking forward to most of all is going whale watching at Kaikoura. I can't wait. The camera is all charged and ready to go. Prepare to suffer through the odd holiday shot or two on my return!

What's the most memorable holiday you've been on - either in your home country or overseas?

5 Comments:

Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Have a great holiday!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Estella said...

I spent a week in Hawaii and did so NOT want to come home.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

We did the Hawaii trip,too. Spent a family vacation in Maui and came away with lots of great memory days. Haven't made it to Europe yet, but would love to spend some time in Italy or Switzerland.

7:38 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Ooooh Shelley! I wish I could live in New Zealand, it's so beautiful. I actually started looking into it seriously, but was told that you have to have so many 'points' in regard to your profession, then someone has to sponsor you, and you can't look for a job while you're there on vacation, and on it went...

I'm a technical professional (sixteen years systems and database analysis) but we just sort of gave up.

Can't wait to see the pictures!

TJ

8:47 PM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

Have a great time.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home