Friday, January 26, 2007

Facial Hair for Heroes

Heroes and their physical appearance have figured on my mind recently since I'm starting to write a new book. After thinking about it I realized that every single one of my heroes so far has been clean shaven. That's about twenty-five books worth of clean shaven heroes with a sprinkling of stubble here and there.

It's not that I have any objections to facial hair on men. My husband has a moustache, and I don't mind a beard if it's well-groomed and not too bushy - sort of a goatee type. Bushy, Santa Claus beards - no. Not going there.

My husband grew a beard when we did an overland trip through Africa. By the time we reached London he looked wild and woolly. Definitely not a nice look although it did come in handy on Christmas day. He looked the part when he dressed up as our Santa Claus and distributed presents. Apart from the gray that is. In Africa our Santa's beard was on the ginger side!

What do you think about facial hair on your romantic heroes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy M said...

I prefer a clean shaven look, over beard and mustache.

11:48 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Actually, I think all of my *written* guys are hair-free. Hmmm, I wonder why since my ex grew a beard just for me and he was absolutely gorgeous in it. Well groomed of course (I don't do Santa, either :D) but a full beard. Then he cut it down to a goatee and oh baby! Now he's clean shaven (and somebody else's) and I swear he looks 12 years old without a mustache or beard :D

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home