Monday, January 15, 2007

Historical Blitz

I haven't read a historical for ages. I used to love them, in fact my keeper shelf contains quite a few historicals written by Amanda Quick, Julie Garwood, Andrea Kane, Judith McNaught and Johanna Lindsey. I went off historicals a bit when they started to read as the same book with slightly different characters and were all set during the Regency time period. I've always loved paranormals (before they became fashionable) so I just read more of those to compensate.

The other day I picked up THE RAVEN PRINCE by Elizabeth Hoyt. I finished it yesterday and can't wait to buy her next book, which is due out this year. It's set in 1760, which is pre-regency, and has an older heroine (a widower) and a hero who has bad small pox scars. I loved the characters. The hero has a temper but this doesn't throw the heroine in the slightest.

I'm reading TEMPT ME by Lucy Munroe at the moment. It's a regency set book (1820) and so far it seems more traditional than THE RAVEN PRINCE but I'm still enjoying it. Obviously I needed a bit of a rest from historicals to appreciate them again.

In a bit of blatant promo I've written two historicals. The first is THE SECOND SEDUCTION. It's available now from Amazon etc and is set during Georgian times (1720 England), which is my favorite period. I actually think people were naughtier in the era than during Regency times. My second historical is called UNFORGETTABLE and it's out on Feb 21 from Ellora's Cave. This book is set during World War 2, which is my other favorite setting. Although on the surface the time was very proper, the war changed everything and love made people feel alive. Sex and love was a way of affirming life.

Do you read historicals? What is your favorite setting? Have you read a good historical lately?

1 Comments:

Blogger N.J.Walters said...

I love historicals, but don't read as many as I used to. Amanda Quick, Julie Garwood, Stepanie Laurens, Judith Lansdowne and Johanna Lindsey are among my favorites.

There was an author named Elizabeth Elliot who only wrote three books and left one series hanging. Don't know what ever happened to her, but if you can get hold of her books used, they're well worth the effort.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home