Monday, January 08, 2007

A Diary of Books Read for 2007

I've noticed lots of bloggers mentioning the number of books they've read during 2006 and their favorites. To date I've read lots of books. I don't keep a list (except inside my head) and have no idea of the number of books read in a given year or the breakdown of genres or format. I decided it would be cool to keep a running list for the year so I have stats for 2007. I thought a simple spreadsheet would be the thing.

I read Nice Mommy~Evil Editor's blog fairly often and she had a post about a reading spreadsheet Rosario is offering at her blog. At first glance it's a bit complicated but it's so pretty. If you're thinking of charting your reading for the year definitely check it out.

I came to a decision - I'm going to give it a try.

Do you keep a record of books read during the year? If so, how do you record it?

Shelley

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy M said...

My only record is an Excel sheet of all the books that I have read in the past 3 years. Don't break it down per year, but can see where that might be kind of fun. I read so many, I even use a rating system. lol

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I keep a record on my blog because I use it as a reading journal. That way if my computer crashes I still have the info.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

I thought the graphs in Rosario's spreadsheet were really cool - all those pretty colors. :-)
Good point, Kris, about computer crashes. I must back up my spreadsheet.

Cathy - you're way ahead of me! Three years. Wow!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home