Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Reading Blitz

Over the Christmas holiday break I've had a chance to do some extra reading. My husband is happy about this since my to-read pile is looking decidedly dangerous. Most of my reading has been in the paranormal and urban fantasy genres with a few m/m romances along the way. I tend to binge read in one genre before moving on to read another. I'm heading toward romantic suspense for my next binge with books by Virginia Kantra, Anne Stuart and Lauren Dane on the top of the pile.

A lot of the books I've read have been ones that other people have raved about. Some have worked for me and others haven't. I thought I'd mention a few of the ones I've really enjoyed over the last couple of weeks.

Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh ( a New Zealand author. Nalini is a friend but I loved this book because it is a little different from the other paranormals currently available. I highly recommend it!!)

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (heroine is a coyote shifter)

Greywalker by Kat Richardson (heroine sees ghosts - this was also a bit different)

Without Reservations by JL Langley (m/m romance - two werewolves. I liked JL Langleys western set m/m books as well)

Twice the Cowboy by James Buchanan (m/m western set romance. Normally I prefer m/m romances written by women but I enjoyed this one. The author has done an awesome job with the setting. I was IN the rodeo arena with the cowboys)

Magic Study by Maria Snyder (fantasy with slight romance elements. Second book in series. The first one - Poison Study was also really good.)

The good thing about the books I've listed above is that most of them have sequels or loosely connected books coming early in the new year. Oops - looks like that pile is going to grow again. Please don't tell hubby!

What books have you read lately that you've really enjoyed?

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

I just got Moon Called and Greywalker so its nice to see those mentioned as books you really enjoyed. I am looking forward to reading them after I get through with my current book. Other books I recently read an enjoyed:

Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn
Touch the Dark by Karen Chance
Knight of Darkness by Kinley MacGregor
Minstral's Kiss by Laurell K Hamilton
Definitely Dead By Charlaine Harris
Goddess of the Rose by PC Cast
A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just had a reading binge too, LOL! A lot of first person paranormals of late, which I love.

Let's see:
Lilith Saintcrow's, Dead Man Rising
Suzanne Enoch's Billionaires Prefer Blondes (I love this series!)
Karen Chance's Touch the Dark
JD Robb's
TJ Michaels' Gift Wrap Optional
NJ Walters' Craving Candy

I have more to finish up now that my edits are done!

Thanks for having my books on your TRB pile! I can't wait to read Snap!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Not Another New Year's by Christie Ridgeway
Conspiracy Game by Christine Feehan
Parallel Heat by Deidre Knight
Hot Dish by Connie Brockway
Pregnancy of Passion by Lucy Monroe
Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home