Friday, December 15, 2006

Handbag Chaos

I needed to find my cellphone the other day. I needed it RIGHT now, but do you think I could find the pesky thing? I juggled my Christmas shopping and searched one-handed while standing in the middle of a busy street, muttering under my breath. It was definitely time for a clean out!!

When I took everything out of my bag this is what I found:

1 x wallet
1 x plastic folder containing lotto tickets
2 x glasses cases - sunglasses plus driving glasses
1 x envelope containing signed bookmarks
1 x small makeup bag containing mostly lipsticks
1 x packet of tissues
1 x business card holder - it's new and I'm still practicing opening it so my cards don't fly out in a whoosh.
1 x PDA - contains ebooks
7 x pens
3 x raffle tickets from Romance writer's meeting
1 x old grocery shopping list
1 x Tictac mints
1 x Lush lip balm
3 x flashdrives containing backups
1 x Susan Elizabeth Phillips promo notepad
1 x chocolate fortune, which says "A conversation will reveal a secret."
1 x cellphone FINALLY!

And do you know what? After considering all the above, I decided every single thing was necessary and I put the whole lot back apart from the old shopping list and raffle tickets!!

Is your handbag in the same sad state as mine?

Shelley

11 Comments:

Blogger Estella said...

I'm sure my handbag is MUCH worse than yours.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Estella - are you sure????
It just couldn't be!!!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

I got so tired of never being able to find stuff, that I bought this great hands-free purse that goes across my chest. It has pockets that makes sense, and an outside pouch for my cell phone. I love it.

12:48 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Shoot, my bag used to get so full. And the bigger the bad, the more junk I would find to stuff in it. So what do I carry? Nothing! No purse, ever. If it can't fit in my inside jacket pocket, it doesn't get in the car with me.

TJ

PS - My kids think I'm nuts, but guess what? I'm the only one who can ever find anything! :D

11:16 PM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

I can never find what I need in my bag when I need it, lol.

10:16 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

My bag is as bad. My hubby says it weighs as much as a bowling ball.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

I always used to carry around a small daypack since I needed to carry heaps of stuff for work such as the banking etc. I've only recently graduated to a handbag. And yes, it's a bit heavy. I figure it's a good way to exercise my arms!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Cathie - a hands free purse sounds interesting. Do you have an online link so I can see exactly what you mean?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

Sure, Shelley. I got it at QVC, the brand is Travelon. Just go to qvc.com and enter item F9809 in the search window. A great picture and description comes up. The price is so great, I get different colors that I can use year round. Have fun.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Oh, thanks! Off to check it out right now.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked just now. I've got

1 wallet

1 zippered bag to hold my wallet, a lip balm, lipstick, pens and change

1 tin citrus altoids

4 pens

assorted receipts and pieces of paper with phone numbers and grocery lists scribbled all over them

1 baggie of goldfish crackers

1 hot wheels car

1 pair of earrings

1 small notebad

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home