Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sexy Red Heads?

I was asked to participate in my first workshop this weekend over at the Romance Divas forum. We're talking about Christmas paranormal stories, and since I have one coming this Friday the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

If you wanna visit, we're in at: www.romancedivas.com/divaforum
Scroll down to The Classroom, click on Class In Session and we're in the Paranormal Christmas Q&A Workshop.

Basically the readers and Divas are asking questions to me and several other authors with holiday paranormals coming. It's been alot of fun. Today is the last day so I'll be heading back over there in a minute.

What does any of this have to do with red hair? Uh, nothing really!

Actually I was watching Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale. The plucky comic relief came from an average-looking flaming red-headed guy who kept threatening to deliver 'lot's and lot's of pain' to anyone who messed with Sir Ulrich Von Lichtenstein (Heath Ledger). But not since the days of Ritchie Cunningham and Happy Days (Ron Howard) have I seen a redhead MAN on television or in movies.

In romance novels you always read about the redhead heroine with a temper and wit to match. What about the guys?

My book, PRIMED TO POUNCE, features a gorgeous red-head hero with an awesome body. So does GIFT WRAP OPTIONAL. But real life...where are the gorgeous red-headed hunks?

A friend of mine, actually he's the guy the vampire Michael Bannon is based on in GIFT WRAP, anyway, he told me that he read a statistic that showed fewer and fewer redheads are born every year. I wonder why that is...

What do you think? Are you a redhead? If not, do you have any redheads in your family? Know any redheads? Know where to find any redheads? Can you tell this author is desperate *LOL*

TJ

7 Comments:

Blogger Cathy M said...

My niece has wonderfully orange hair. It is this amazing color that it hard to describe but she has the milky white skin tone and green eyes to match. My brother in law has some red in his hair, plus my dad was a red head. So, she got a double dose.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

I have a red-headed grandaughter.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have four kids in their 20's and only one of them has red hair. My husband and I had really dark brown hair (it's mostly grey now, LOL!) and the other three take after us. My grandfather had really carrot-ty red hair so I figure my son inherited it through my mother's side of the family. My son's hair was the most beautiful reddish blonde when he was small, but it turned darker as he aged. He always says he hates the color and wants to dye it black, but so far he hasn't and I hope he doesn't because I like the color. He has a twin sister whose hair is dark and I sometimes wonder if he wants his hair to be more like the rest of the family. In fact, he is the only one on both sides of our family with red hair, so he does stand out. I love red hair, but you really don't see that many people with it anymore.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

My father-in-law had red hair, and my husband didn't miss out by much. His hair has definite reddish glints when he goes outdoors. My nephew has carrot red, curly hair. Now he's older he cuts it brutally short to get rid of the curl.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

I have naturally strawberry blond hair and it is getting redder every year. It is funny though because both of my parents are brunettes and i was pure blonde until I hit puberty then my hair started turning red.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I have 2 red headed nephews ones 6'6 the other 6'7 they both have great bodies from playing sports and are wonderful men. And their dad has red hair
On the other side my youngest daughter has red hair that lightens to a more strawberry color in summer and more auburn in winter. My grandma and aunt both have auburn hair

8:49 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

What a trip! So there are some redheads out there?! Sounds like Liz had a couple of hunky ones in her family, too!

And Kris' hair is getting redder every year...while mine is getting grayer every year! LOL! What's gonna happen when I finally turn 40!? Maybe it'll just go snow white or something.

TJ

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home