Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy Birthday

It was my birthday yesterday, and it's my birthday today as well. Fascinating the way the international date line makes that possible. I had a lovely day with visitors, presents, a little shopping slipped into the equation and a really nice dinner.

Nothing much happening in my writing world at the moment. I'm in waiting mode...waiting to see what editors think of projects...and meantime I'm working on my next two masterpieces. TJ and Lauren will understand about waiting mode. It can be scary, frustrating, exciting - heck, just about every emotion gets a turn while an author is in waiting mode. The way I stop myself from going crazy is by working on other projects and sending them out, too. I figure the more projects I have in waiting mode, the less the sting will be if the worst happens and I receive a rejection. I work on the "hope in the mail" premise. That's what keeps me from going completely loopy. (I don't count talking to my characters as crazy BTW - that's completely normal!)

And finally, since it's my birthday I'll give away a download. The prize list is the same as the post a few days ago (the shifter post) All you need to do is tell me about the nicest present you've ever received or what you'd like for Christmas (it has to be something just for you and not for the rest of your family or anyone else - something big or small that you'd like for you. Money no object.)

I'll post the name for the winner on Monday, so you only have a few days. I'm also posting the shifter winner on this day, too. I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Is anyone doing anything exciting?

18 Comments:

Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Happy Birthday. You are born a day after me. The nicest present I got was a laptop.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Shuck Ying said...

Happy Birthday, Shelley! I want for Christmas an ipod.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

I need a portable dvd player for myself so I can use on keeping the kids quiet, lol.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I really want a diamond tennis bracelet for Christmas (oh what a dream, lol)

Patricia

4:47 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Happy Birthday twice!
I would like to have a gift certificate to Amazon.com to buy books.

4:56 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Happy 21st Birthday, lady!

The nicest birthday present I ever received? It had to be a card from my kids when they were 3 and 5 years old. Knowing me, I still have it. And it was so special because it was the only birthday gift I received that year. Everyone, even my parents, forgot my birthday. But my kids remembered and it was so special!

TJ

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, cupcake!

For christmas I'd like a two book deal because I'm not so greedy I need a three book deal, snort.

The best birthday present? Oh man, I don't know, that's hard to say. My husband is really good at presents - a few pieces of jewelry, not even expensive ones probably top the list.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

My favorite BD gift was a massage at a local spa. I felt decadent and pampered for a whole hour and a half. It was heaven and I would so love another one for Christmas.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (A day before me.)

Hmm, the nicest present is a tough one--I think there are 2. One was a database to catalog my books AND my husband did all the work (1500 books). The other was a fabulous ring for an anniversary (14 so no big milestone or anything). Totally lovely, totally a surpise.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it--he's alright! ;-)

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
For Christmas I would love to receive a really big gift certificate so I can buy lots of books to put on the ebookwise1150 reader my hubby got for me last year. :)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful day - both of them - and I had some good news...

Sounds like we're all thinking books and music. Cathy - your massage sounds wonderful!

3:06 AM  
Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

Happy Birthday to you! Nice to know another person born in December.

The best present I ever got was a necklace my fiancee gave to me on Valentines day. It was a chain with a small cross on it but he gave it to me on a day when everything in my life was going wrong. I so badly needed a pick-me-up and his surprise present and showing up at my work to take me out for lunch was just so wonderful that he made me cry that day.

The present I would like this year would probably be a set of special paints for painting on leather. I like to do artwork and decided I want to try painting some pictures on the back of leather jackets. Odd I know, but it would make me happy.

Thanks for entering me and here's wishing you Happy Holidays!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want a Ebook reader for Christmas

4:05 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi!

Hope you had a great birthday!

Luckily for me, i get great presents year round, so i can't focus on any one event like christmas or a birthday.

For instance, my gorgeous new bedroom furniture wasn't for any particular occassion. Neither was my (2) desktops or my laptop. I'm lucky, you could say. never know when i'm going to get a great prezzie from (mostly) my grandparents.

Elizabeth

4:07 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

Happy Birthday and I would to have a laptop but probably not this year. I can hope but not gonna happen

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

happy Birthday!

my best present was a dog. i love her! (she so cute, and cuddly, and lovable). animals really do make the best friends, y'know :)

Denise
ebook_devotee@yahoo.co.uk

5:49 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Happy Birthday Shelley
I want an ebook reader so bad asked for the last 2 years but hasn't happened yet

11:32 PM  
Blogger Loretta said...

Happy belated Birthday Shelley. My husband got me a small diamond heart necklace one year.
Loretta

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home