Friday, January 12, 2007

Frantic Friday


I've tried to think of a clever title for Friday, much like Lauren's Titilating Tuesday. At the moment I'm stuck with Friday so if anyone has a brainwave please let me know.

It's true my week has been a bit frantic. I've been working on final edits for SNAP! all week and I'm pleased to say that they're all completed. In fact SNAP! releases on Jan 15 from Triskelion Publishing.


On Wednesday I went for my normal bike ride in the middle of the day. It helps to clear the cobwebs after writing or editing each morning. I had a wee bit of an accident. I was almost home and took a corner too fast. Suddenly there was a tree in front of me, and I just didn't have time to serve or brake. Crash! Bang! Ouch!

I picked myself up and managed to move all my limbs. The rate of blood flow wasn't too bad - just a bit of a gash on the top of my foot. I checked my bike next. It was covered with dirt and seemed to work. Um, the tree I'd crashed into was a sapling. I think it suffered the most since it was partially uprooted and leaned in a totally different direction. I rode my bike home and waited into I walked inside before bursting into tears then rang hubby. He was very sympathetic but has teased me ever since. We had to walk past and inspect the tree. My husband suggested I hug it. Insert eyeroll here. Does anyone want to take a family off my hands? They're not very well trained...

Anyway, I learned something from my accident - If you think you're taking a corner too fast, you probably are!

Thankfully the bruises are starting to fade (I had some beauties!) and my shoulder is not as stiff as it was the day after the accident.

I have a new cover for the electronic version of Talking Dogs, Aliens and Purple People Eaters. I quite like it. That's my little dog on the cover - pure snobbiness with her nose stuck in the air.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Does anyone have exciting plans?

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy M said...

Hey, I'm glad you are okay. Since all my menfolk are bike riders, I know that sometimes the tree wins. Totally low key weekend ahead. Just want to stay warm and get some reading done. And I like the new cover, much sexier.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home